Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Social Life = Mission Impossible

Circumstances are preventing me from establishing meaningful human contact. These circumstances are largely work related. I thought things at work would slow down this week, but it's still crazy. There are a lot of problems still to fix. I worked until midnight last night and until nine tonight. Work is taking up most of my time.

I'm still new at this i.t. stuff. I find it hard to be friends with my coworkers, because when things go wrong with these hard tasks they throw at me...it's just...not friendly times. You get to feelin foolish and inadequate. Most of these people have been doing i.t. for years...they are a different species from another universe.

It's hard to be friends with the people at work, and I can't take much time outside of work to have a life. As I type this, I feel like I should be doing some work. Work work work. I want a brain-dead job like I used to have. But. I'd probably complain about that too...I'm so under-utilized...boo hoo...and I got no money to go out and do stuff with people...haha.

I hope I can get my brains in order and keep a good attitude and win some people over. Soon!

4 comments:

  1. I'll be your email friend. You don't even have to have a good attitude - be as shitty as you like. misfitsvintage@gmail.com Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about the work thing. I always feel guilty about taking time to do anything for myself. It's a vicious little circle. And you are right, i.t. people are a different species.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, that is tough. I cringe at the number of hours you're working. My bad attitude couldn't take it. When I worked, before kids, most of the places I worked at were ridiculously small offices with only a handful of people working there in total, so there was no chance for office buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check your email, email friend.


    Marty, I think we both need a break. Looks like you're a pretty busy guy yourself. Gotta keep motivated to post to blogs...keep me motivated man

    Karen, I wouldn't make it in a small company. I'm so used to working around lots of people and having that anonymity. Anonymity, but still chances to be chums with the other misfits in the company.

    ReplyDelete